Job announcement SEDwise
UGent coordinates the International Thematic Network SEDwise – ‘Sustainability Education – Teaching and learning in the face of wicked socio-ecological problems’. This network brings together university teachers and sustainability education researchers for co-creating innovative sustainability education practices.
We are looking for a part-time scientific staff member (40%) to coordinate the SEDwise network together with Prof. Katrien Van Poeck. You will be employed at the Department of Political Science, more specifically in the multi-disciplinary Centre for Sustainable Development. The sustainability education research team is strongly embedded in an international network.
- You provide support for network management and coordination.
- You organise network meetings and activities together with the coordinator.
- Together with an international working group, you organise a scientific conference.
- You help to conduct smallscale empirical research linked to pilot experiments.
- You communicate and disseminate inspiring practices and research expertise through e.g. podcasts, videos, texts, digital tools, etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master’s degree (at the time of employment) in a domain that is related to sustainability education.
- You have didactic knowledge and skills.
- You have a strong interest in (research about) sustainability education. Familiarity with the scientific literature in the field is a plus.
- You have strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- You are very proficient in English.
- You show a sense of initiative and work qualityoriented.
- You function well in a multidisciplinary environment.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of definite duration for the period of 1 year, possibly with the option to start a followup trajectory as a PhD student after this year.
- Your contract will start on
16/08/2021at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale WM1 to WM4. Click here for more information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 35 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a fulltime job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through Ghent University's website before 30th of June. We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system. Job interviews will take place on 8th and 9th of July 2021.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Katrien Van Poeck (katrien.vanpoeck@UGent.be, +32 (0)475 59 05 54). Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.