Report SEDwise meeting 2019
From 27-29 November 2019, a meeting of the SEDwise network took place in Copenhagen, Denmark. The central theme of this meeting was “Co-creating better sustainability education at the university”. The meeting consisted of interactive workshops focusing on the following topics:
- How can we design tools and activities that facilitate better sustainability education?
- How could our complementary research expertise be translated into (online) courses, podcasts, didactic materials, etc.?
- How to design these in such a way that it fosters co-creation in collaboration with practitioners – instead of putting ourselves in the position of expert instructors?
- What are the best ways to disseminate such tools and activities?
- How can we collaborate on developing the much-needed empirical knowledge base on teaching and learning in the face of wicked socio-ecological problems?
- Which opportunities are offered by on-going research projects?
- How to do this in the spirit of SEDwise, i.e. with ESE research as a critical friend, moving beyond consultancy and knowledge transmission towards co-creating teaching and learning practices as a learning network?
Read more about the discussions, presentations and outcomes of this meeting in this report.